Thursday, August 4, 2011

Bookworm

The Library. Such a wonderful, wonderful place. Full of books, enrichment, and shelves and shelves of books to read- and check out- and shelve. Do you ever wonder who shelves those books? Who shelves the insane amount of DVD's people check out every single day?
Credit to http://content.etilize.com/Large/1012344591.jpg for the pic


Well folks, for this Summer you do know who- It has been me. I have been volunteering at my local library and shelving the countless books and movies you people return. It's actually been pretty fun. I volunteer in the children's section, so I get to watch the adorable little kids toddle around, and talk to each other. I also hear very interesting conversations. Here's one example: (Note: Spelling mistake is to show their diction)

A Conversation Between Two Little Silly Children
  Kid One: "What do yuu wanna be when yuu gow up?"
  Kid Two: "I dunno"
  Kid One: "Well I wanna be a Pesidant. [Presidant]"
  Kid Two: "I dunno what I wanna be"
~They play happily for some time, before they open a picture book about divers~
  Kid Two: "I know! I wants to be a diver!"
~Kid One is not happy about this. This job is better than his! How dare he usurp his brilliant claim! Wait... he has an idea...~
  Kid One: self importantly "WELL, I'll ONLY be a Pesidant if I get into Yale. If I get inta Pinceton [Princeton] or Harvard, I'll be a diver. Otherwise, I'll be an aachitect [architect].
  Kid Two: Not caring much Okay!
  Kid One: Is slightly put out by Kid Two's lack of caring, but goes back to playing anyways
That was just one conversation I overheard. I thought it was adorable and slightly creepy how he was
talking about Yale... Oh well!

According to my Mother, I live at the library now. I shelve, I do the summer program with the little kids,
and I read. I read a lot. I've read a lot of picture books... they're so good! ;)
I've been there, so much, even the librarian is suggesting to me that I go out into the sun and play.
"After all, it's Summer!"
pshh... no. I went into a corner and read some more :)
Adorable cartoon of toddler with book


So, that's basically what I've been doing this Summer. More will come up soon! I promise!

Farewell for now,
Tani






No comments:

Post a Comment